Do not register here. Register at http://warriorscatsrpg.forumplatinum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Herb Gathering

2 posters

Go down

Herb Gathering Empty Herb Gathering

Post by Moonstar Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:29 am

Ripplesong padded out of the camp. "Now, Featherpaw, do you remember the scents from inside the den?" she asked.

Moonstar

Warning System : Herb Gathering WarningBar-Gloss1

Back to top Go down

Herb Gathering Empty Re: Herb Gathering

Post by Member Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:42 am

Featherpaw remember to when they were in the den. In her mind she recounted the looks, the scents. "I think I still have them in my mind." There was a hint of uncertainty as she was sure she got the Catmint scent with Borge.
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonstar Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:44 am

"Good. Now breathe in deeply and see what you smell." she mewed. "If you can't find anything, I have a backup plan." Her whiskers twitched.

Moonstar

Back to top Go down

Post by Member Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:47 am

Featherpaw took a deep breath. She could smell something... a small scent. She scented the air to get a better smell of it. Of course, the scent was stronger this time. She looked around for it, but wasn't sure where it was. "Well, I smell something."
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonstar Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:50 am

"Let's just follow it now."she meowed. "Don't touch the plant you find until I get there. Deathberries aren't the only plant that can kill you." she reminded solemnly.

Moonstar

Back to top Go down

Post by Member Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:02 am

"Right..." She said, her voice fading. She scented the air again and followed it to the herb. she walked farther from the camp in her search. Tail-length after tail-length. It was almost two or three fox-lengths before she finally found it. She pointed a paw to a tall-stemmed plant with dark leaves. It had a sharp smell to it as well. "This is it... I think."
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonstar Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:10 am

"Great, but this is dock. The leaves are good to make a glossy pelt. Remember this smell. Borage leaves are slightly lighter in color and not as tall. At least you're doing better than me..." Her whiskers twitched. "What else can you smell?"

Moonstar

Back to top Go down

Post by Member Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:30 am

Featherpaw scented the air again. She couldn't actually smell anything at the moment, but wanted to at least try to find something. She took a few steps forward before scenting again, looking in all directions. Finally she spotted something and headed towards it. As she got closer the smell began to strengthen making Featherpaw wrinkle her nose. When she reached the herb the smell was almost overpowering. She looked behind her. The dock wasn't even in sight anymore, she was sure they went a good amount of fox-lengths away. The smell was so strong that she could get a wiff from all the way back there.

"That's a strong scent," she said, looking down at the herb with round yellow flowers.
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonstar Sun Sep 13, 2009 2:52 pm

"It looks like you found some marigold," Ripplesong answered. "This is useful for treating many things. If you chew up the whole flower, it is good for chills. The petals alone can stop infection. The leaves are generally good for everything and are common in most poultices." She gestured to a small plant next to the marigold with white petals and a golden center. "This is chamomile. It's good for calming cats when they are stressed. If you chew it up and rub the pulp around where you sleep, it gets rid of nightmares. This also increases physical strength. You can remember this by the long white petals and the calming, relaxing scent." she added. "Now, what else can you scent?"

Moonstar

Back to top Go down

Post by Member Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:08 pm

Fetherpaw nodded her head, remembering the name of the chamomile.

Again, Featherpaw scented the air. Nothing, she couldn't smell anything passed the strong scent of the marigold. She walked again, trying to get away from it's strong smells.

It was a while before the smelled died down, but it did eventually. She scented the air, but still couldn't get a wiff.

"I can't smell anything," Feathertpaw told her mentor.
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonstar Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:15 pm

"Alright then. Catch that mouse in the bushes." she said grimly. "Mouse bile is horrible and gross, but it's necessary." "I'll be right back."she added. She crept up behind the rabbit and with a pounce, sunk her teeth into its throat. Thank you St- I mean NightClan. Ripplesong had trouble adapting to the new concept. "Now, how about this rabbit first, and then the mouse?" she offered.

Moonstar

Back to top Go down

Post by Member Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:28 pm

Featherpaw scanned the bushes, looking for the mouse. She saw it scratching at the roots, looking for something to eat most likely. She crouched down and quietly stalked towards it. She'd never done this before, but it was just natural.

When she thought she was in range she pounced at it and caught it square on her paw. Featherpaw bent her head down quickly and broke it's neck before picking it up and going to Ripplesong. I won't be able to do that twice, she thought.

"Sure," she said through clenched teeth.
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonstar Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:31 pm

She bit the rabbit. "So, what inspired you to become a medicine cat?"

Moonstar

Back to top Go down

Post by Member Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:43 pm

Featherpaw lay her mouse down and then settled herself next to it. She decided she wasn't hungry.

What inspired her to become a medicine cat? Featherpaw thought of the answer, but she couldn't quite explain it. "Because I didn't really like the idea of fighting, but instead liked healing. And I've alway loved the smell of herbs," she said simply. It wasn't exactly why she wanted to be one, but it was around that reason.
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonstar Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:48 pm

"I see what you're trying to say. You want to help your Clan without fighting or violence, right?" Ripplesong had a brooding feeling, like there was something special about Featherpaw. Her intuition was usually right. "Featherpaw, well, I think you have a special connection with... NightClan. Have they told you anything?"

Moonstar

Back to top Go down

Post by Member Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:54 pm

"Yes," Featherpaw said with a nod. Something like that, she finished in her mind.

Featherpaw tilted her head at her mentor. "Special connection?" A special connection with NightClan? She couldn't, she wasn't special or anything. "No, they haven't told me anything," she replied. Then she remembered. "Well, when we were at Snowstone, right before I woke up, Hawkfrost told me to beware of storm clouds. I'm not sure what that means, though." Featherpaw looked up at the dark clouds in the sky before looking back at Ripplesong.
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Moonstar Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:59 pm

"Hmm... storm clouds..." she wondered about it for a while before adding, "Well, that's enough for today. You've learned the important herbs. All you need is more experience now. Let's head back to camp." she said. "Oh, and Featherpaw?" she said, turning back for a second. "You're going to be a good medicine cat."

Moonstar

Back to top Go down

Post by Member Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:03 pm

Featherpaw picked up her mouse and followed behind Ripplesong. Experience. She'd be doing something soon. Featherpaw stopped when her mentor said what she said.

A good medicine cat. Yeah. She smiled and followed behind her mentor, all the way back to camp.
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down