Do not register here. Register at http://warriorscatsrpg.forumplatinum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Munchin' Lunch

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Munchin' Lunch Empty Munchin' Lunch

Post by Goldenstorm Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:21 am

Raincloud sat in the clearing, neatly nibbling on a small rainbow trout that she had caught along with her other prey that morning. She sat in the quiet recesses of the edge of the grassy clearing. The sky was a surprising soft blue, no threatening to come down, but she could feel it. It hung thick in the air like morning fog.

She let herself look up at the kind sky and sighed, they were leaving, but she would remember the things she actually did care for. Not that much was here. Raincloud wrapped her tail around her thick furred paws, fur heavy from all the water that was constantly in it. Raincloud decided to let her fish be, she was getting full and she didn't feel much like eating anymore.
Goldenstorm
Goldenstorm

Warning System : Munchin' Lunch WarningBar-Gloss1

Back to top Go down

Munchin' Lunch Empty Re: Munchin' Lunch

Post by Member Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:03 pm

Lonestripe spotted Raincloud from a distance. She had food, and yet she wasn't eating it. How odd. He went over to the she-cat briskly. She seemed like she was thinking about something or... something. Eh, who knew. When he got to her, he prodded her with a paw.

"Um, are you going to eat that?" He asked, pointing at the fish with his tail.
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Amberstorm Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:58 pm

(XD Oh, I live that. "Are you going to eat that?")
Claykit bounded out of the nursery. Her curiosity was overwhelming her. She knew she wasn't supposed to be up and about, nosing around the camp, but she figured she was old enough. For the love of StarClan, she was a moon over apprentice age, and yet the leader had not apprenticed her. Her fur fluffed up as she saw some warriors accross the clearing. She ducked behind a log next to the nursery. If I'm going to prove I can be an apprentice... Then I'll have to do my best attack! Claykit thought. It seemed like a good idea in her mind.
Amberstorm
Amberstorm
Administrator

Location : Look into my eyes, and it's easy to see that one and one make two and two and one make three; It's destiny!

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldenstorm Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:43 pm

Raincloud looked over at Lonestripe, her mind brought back to reality. She practically jumped as he said something to her, she couldn't quite make it out at first. "What? Oh, no. You can have it." she faked a smile. You idiot! Can't you talk to someone without hopping out of your fur?? she scolded herself. Her ears pricked as she heard Claykit, keeping note of her scent as it drifted nearer.
Goldenstorm
Goldenstorm

Back to top Go down

Post by Amberstorm Fri Jul 02, 2010 4:48 pm

(I don't like it when people make their kits all-knowing. x.x All cats are born with questions and stupidity, so I'mma display dat.)
Claykit tried not to chuckle. They didn't even know she was there! Oh, she would make a fine ambusher. (That's a hint) A grin on her lips, she straightened her tail. Then with an angry war cry, she ran straight toward Raincloud. She would attack her. With her paws sheathed, of course. She leaped at Raincloud, hoping to land on her shoulders. If failing, she would leap right over her.
Amberstorm
Amberstorm
Administrator

Location : Look into my eyes, and it's easy to see that one and one make two and two and one make three; It's destiny!

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldenstorm Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:00 pm

Raincloud absorbed Claykit's blow on her longish fur. She looked over, a grin forming on her gray muzzle as she saw the large kit clinging to her, what sounded like a yowl coming out of her mouth. "Hey Claykit." she laughed.
Goldenstorm
Goldenstorm

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx Fri Jul 02, 2010 10:23 pm

Silvershine saw Raincloud and decided to pad there to say hi. "Hi", she mewed. "Do you still want to eat that?", she pointed on the fish.
Lynx
Lynx

Back to top Go down

Post by Member Sat Jul 03, 2010 10:38 am

Lonestripe laughed at Claykit's antics. He flicked the little kit on the ear with his tail. "What are you dong, Claykit?" It was pretty cute, he thought. He pricked his ears and looked over at Silvershine when she came in. "Sorry, Silvershine, but I think I beat you to it." He scooped up the fish in his mouth. He loved fish. "You can have it thought," he said through the food and dropped it at her feet. He was going to eat it, but then he didn't feel like it anymore.
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Amberstorm Sat Jul 03, 2010 1:36 pm

Claykit's aggression faded, the fire in her green eyes dimming.
"Aww. You saw me, didn't you?" Claykit mewed, looking to the side. Would Shadowstar ever make her an apprentice?
"I don't think Shadowstar wants to make me an apprentice." Claykit looked up sadly.
"Do you think he'll do it?" She asked, cocking her head. She whipped around to see Silvershine. She immediatly envied the she-cat's pelt. Hers seemed to shimmer and glow, while hers was... brownish-orange and dull. With even muddier stripes. She did rather like her own ear tufts, however. She was fond of those.
"Wow, Silvershine, you're pwetty!" Claykit mewed, her eyes going round as she took in the pelt.
Amberstorm
Amberstorm
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:28 am

Silvershine blinked and looked at Claykit. If she could get red, she would be now. "Thank you, Claykit, that's very nice of you." Quickly she licked a few times over her silver pelt to make it all shiny.
Then she looked at Lonestripe, nodded as a thanks and bit into the fish. It was delicious. "Claykit, do you want a bite?", she asked the little cat.
Lynx
Lynx

Back to top Go down

Post by Amberstorm Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:09 am

Claykit looked at the fish curiously. She had never had fish. She had survived on milk for all these moons, but her foster mother's milk had started to run out. She would need to start eating fish. Better get used to it. She sniffed it. It smelled salty. She suddenly felt the need for sodium. It had this strong river smell, a bit sour. It was hard to describe. Any cat could smell the clean scent of the river. The envy gone, she mewed a quick "sure" and took her first bite of fish. It had a light taste. It tasted nothing like milk. The blood gave it all the flavor it needed. When she took a bite, the skin peeled a bit, and the mucus gleamed. The mucus was pretty desgusting, but she could get used to that. She instead took in the flavor of her bite. It awoke a song of the wild in her heart. She could feel the instinct to hunt, causing her claws to curve. She swallowed, the skin still left over. It was rough on her tongue, and chewy. But it had a nice salty flavor. She swallowed.
"Wow... fish is good..." She mewed. Claykit became hungrier.
"Can we share... um... er... what's your name?" Claykit asked Lonestripe, cocking her head, one ear to the side and the other sticking up normally. It was a bit comical, actually.
Amberstorm
Amberstorm
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:04 am

"Eait it up, then, kid. I'll get something for myself.", mewed Silvershine and padded to the fresh kill pile and took a small fish of her own. She sat down beside Claykit and began eating her fish.
Lynx
Lynx

Back to top Go down

Post by Amberstorm Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:38 am

"Oh, wow." Claykit's eyes grew huge.
"Do you really think I could eat all this?" She mewed, her tail flicking. Though she was a moon too late to be apprenticed, she was still... underdeveloped. She was small. Her limbs were tiny. The fish was about as big as her.
She continued to eat the fish, only to start coughing up a storm when she swallowed a bone. She jumped to her paws and dug her sharp, black tiger claws into the earth. She started tearing mud up. Tears were leaking from her green eyes, dampening her cheek fur.
"H-hard... sharp th-thing!" She exclaimed while choking. Her orange-brown pelt stood on end, fluffing up even more than its usual size.
Amberstorm
Amberstorm
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx Tue Jul 06, 2010 2:56 pm

Silvershine smiled. "It's a fishbone. Try to choke it out just as you do with hairballs. Kepp calm and choke, choke, choke.", she mewed. As she first tried fish she also had eaten a fishbone. If she'll don't get it out I'll get some yarrow., she thought.
Lynx
Lynx

Back to top Go down

Post by Amberstorm Tue Jul 06, 2010 4:53 pm

Claykit, still spazzing, watched as saliva dripped in cobwebby strands from her mouth and onto the torn ground.
"Achk-chk-chk!" She choked, her eyes so blurry all she saw was the brown ground swimming before her, like a muddy river... A river.... The memory of a river ran through her wind. And then she spat up a wad of fish flesh. The bone was out.
"F-fish bone? What's a bone?" She gasped, regaining her sight. The blood roared in her ears, and the thundering began to fade away. She saw something white, thin, and gleaming in the small ball of chewed-up fish. It stuck out, and was as thin as a hair. Her eyes grew wide.
"How could a piece of fur do that to me?" She looked up at Silvershine. Claykit had much to learn.
Amberstorm
Amberstorm
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldenstorm Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:28 am

ooc: So... many... words.... XD

Raincloud shrugged, back from her daydreaming. "It's not hair, it's a piece of bone. Like the bones in your legs, or your ribs. Don't worry, it's perfectly normal. Finish that fish and I'll see if I can find some strawberries out in the woods for you. I'm sure there's a bush around here some where with at least one ripe berry, I think I scented some today while I was out." she smiled kindly at Claykit, admiring her curious spirit.
She sat, enjoying the brief moments of dry air before a few gentle drops of water fell down on her oddly spotted fur. Her leopard spotted pelt clung to her sides as more rain fell heavily upon the earth. She quietly sighed, not wanting to really let her annoyance show. "And it was such a nice day..." she mumbled under her breath. She took a quick glance, hoping no one heard her.
Goldenstorm
Goldenstorm

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:20 am

Silvershine nodded to Raincloud. "You now know how fishbones look like so be aware of them while you finish your fish. You need to chew properly, then you'll notice them soon enough." She smiled. Kits were such a blessing. She wished she could have a litter of her own one day, but no tom in the clan seem to be interested in her.
Lynx
Lynx

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldenstorm Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:46 pm

Raincloud nodded back, she decided she would stay outside today. She wouldn't mind the rain. "You'll the hang of it, Claykit. It just takes time. This is your first fish, right?" she asked, oblivious of the now pouring rain that had officially soaked her fur through.
Goldenstorm
Goldenstorm

Back to top Go down

Post by Member Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:38 pm

OOC: There so much here that I don't feel like replying anymore. XD
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Amberstorm Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:23 pm

Suddenly, the rain started splattering through the foliage. A chain reaction happened immediatly; Rain split the air, causing friction of some sort. The smell was quite nice... Then there was the smell that arose when the rain hit the ground, bringing forth the wet, earthy smell. Claykit's eyes widened.
"I know this isn't the first time I've seen rain, but... Do you smell that?" Claykit mewed, getting to her paws and ignoring the fish. She had been curious about bones for a few seconds, but then it had begun to rain.
"Wow..." Claykit mewed. The scent of rain delighted her. If she ever had kits, she would definantly name one Rainkit. But that was a subconcious thought in her mind. When she heard the rain splattering upon her fish, she whirled around.
"Aww... does fish taste good soggy?" Claykit mewed. Suddenly, Claykit wanted to smack herself for the question. They came from the StarClan-forsaken river! Of course they would have been wet...
"Uhm... ignore that..." Claykit mewed, dragging the fish to a dry spot undernieth a fern not too far away, where she continued eating.
"What's a strawberry?"
Amberstorm
Amberstorm
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Member Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:40 am

OOC: Do cats know what strawberries are? o.o
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:03 am

Silvershine took her fish, too, and followed Claykit.

OOC: I think they do, since there are wild strawberries, which are much smaller and not as sweet as the ones we know. But they exist. And since med cats use every berry there is in the forest I think cats know of strawberries.
Lynx
Lynx

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldenstorm Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:31 am

ooc: *points to Sandy's post*

Raincloud padded calmly in the rain, stopping by the spot Silvershine and Claykit were at. She refused to get out of the rain, but she wouldn't leave her company yet. Answering Claykit's question, Raincloud mewed "Strawberries are wild berries in the forest that don't serve any purpose. They just taste good." She turned her head, her blue eyes searching for Lonestripe. "Hey Lonestripe, aren't you coming over to?"
Goldenstorm
Goldenstorm

Back to top Go down

Post by Lynx Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:24 am

Silvershine chewed her fish and finally finished it. She was so full like she was long long ago when the times were better. "If you want", she mewed, licked a few times over her jaws and paws, "If you want I can look for some yummie berries for you.", she mewed to Claykit. "But not today anymore, you already had this fish, we don't want you to get fat, do we?"
Lynx
Lynx

Back to top Go down

Post by Amberstorm Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:29 am

Claykit blinked.
"But fat cats never become warriors!" Claykit protested.
"Of course I won't over-eat! I'm not a complete mouse-brain..." Claykit mewed, munching the fish. She had already eaten half of its side, carefully spitting out the bones.
"Pleh!" Claykit spat as she nearly swallowed another fish bone. Claykit's whiskers twitched as she came across something clear and puffy in the fish's abdomen. I wonder what that is... She mewed, dabbing at it. Cats did not know what swim bladders were, however.
"The inside of prey is so... weird. Is that what we look like on the inside, Silvershine?"
Amberstorm
Amberstorm
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum