Do not register here. Register at http://warriorscatsrpg.forumplatinum.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kits Need Herbs

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Kits Need Herbs Empty Kits Need Herbs

Post by Goldenstorm Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:16 pm

Goldenstorm made it to Pinepaw's den, remembering arguments between he and the young tom about taking herbs. He shook his head, remembering how he always refused to take any herbal treatments. Forgetting his past he called into the den. "Hello?"
Goldenstorm
Goldenstorm

Warning System : Kits Need Herbs WarningBar-Gloss1

Back to top Go down

Kits Need Herbs Empty Re: Kits Need Herbs

Post by Cheesles Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:22 pm

Breezekit managed to heave herself up and get as far as the medicin cats dens entrance, but no further. Her leg was hindering every movement she needed to make. She wished that she could just go to sleep and never wake up. The pain would be gone and she wouldn't need to worry. But what about her 2 brothers. What about her friends and the rest of the clan?
Cheesles
Cheesles

Warning System : Kits Need Herbs WarningBar-Gloss2

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldenstorm Sun Jun 06, 2010 2:55 pm

ooc: I gotta get Waffle here. I'mma gonna PM him.
Goldenstorm
Goldenstorm

Back to top Go down

Post by Waffletail Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:06 pm

Pinepaw was silent as he sorted through the pitiful herb pile. Ever since the earthquake, herb supplies had been at a bare minimum. He was almost finished organizing them when he heard Goldenstorm's voice call out in a greeting. "Hello Goldenstorm," Pinepaw said, putting the last few herbs into place, "You sound fine, did you hurt yourself?" He asked, turning around this time. And then Breeze kit stumbled into the entrance of the den, in obvious discomfort. Pinepaw rushed to her side.

OOC: What happened to Breezekit? Pinepaw can't know unless I know Kits Need Herbs Icon_biggrin
Waffletail
Waffletail

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldenstorm Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:49 pm

Goldenstorm answered him, "No, we're fine. Some kits went out gallivanting and a fox found them, or they found her. Either way many of them have severe leg wounds and need some attention. I'm here to see what help I could do." he mewed sternly, his eyes serious and worried for the young ones.
Goldenstorm
Goldenstorm

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvine Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:38 pm

OOC: *Pokes Amber* GET IN HERE MINKEH

Otterkit followed, his leg limp, his wounds reopened and bleeding. He still had a bad cough, and just sat down in the corner. "Where's Minkfur?"
Wolvine
Wolvine

Warning System : Kits Need Herbs WarningBar-Gloss4

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheesles Sun Jun 06, 2010 4:47 pm

OOC: Broken left hind leg.

Breezekit collapsed into the nearest nest, her leg hanging over the side. Her chest heaving with her effort to breath. Even though it was just her leg, pain had spread throughout her body. Death had her in its grasp.

But Breezekit was determined. She had two brothers that would dearly miss her. She had a life to live to the fullest, and she was not going to let flow away.
Cheesles
Cheesles

Back to top Go down

Post by Waffletail Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:08 pm

OOC: got to go, post when I get back.
Waffletail
Waffletail

Back to top Go down

Post by Amberstorm Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:31 am

Minkfur, her chest heaving, rushed into her den carrying herbs. How fitting. Storing them in a crack, she fetched cobwebs at once.
"Details, p'lease." Minkfur meowed gruffly. She didn't have to be a genius to figure out that the kit had lost a lot of blood. Too much blood. Turning around, she bound the she-cat's leg with cobwebs. The blood was very hard to stop.
"Hm.... I'll need cotton..." Minkfur observed as she bound the leg even more. She felt along the leg, apologizing for any pain that she may have caused.
"Broken.. What in the name of the Spirits have you been doin'?" Minkfur grumbled, tail lashing. She turned back around and gathered more cobwebs, and a nice amount of cotton, perfect for stopping blood flow. And perfectly rare, too. Some of these cats didn't even know what cotton was...
Minkfur padded the cotton to the she-cat's leg, skillfully binding it with cobwebs as she went along the leg.
"Pinepaw, go get a stick about as long as her leg. We don' wan' it healin' funny or anythin'." Minkfur ordered, still binding the leg. The bleeding had started to stop, stifled by the many layers of cobwebs. However, she could see some blood blooming. Growling in frustration, Minkfur continued to bind, but then stopped and looked at her work.
"Hm.." She muttered, trying to think of another idea. "We need something solid.... something already.... together." Her stomach growled.
"Oh, great Spirits. I've forgotten to eat. Oh, we-" She stopped herself. She had just thought of a plan.
"Perfect!" She meowed to herself.
"Goldenstorm, go to the fresh-kill pile and get a rabbit 'bout as big as this kit's leg! I'll beh needin' itsh haid (hide) teh stop teh bleedin'. As what we'll do with teh meat? We give it to teh kit-bearers and elderly."
"As for you, kit, it'll be all righ'. Your bleedin's gonna stop soon. Sorry, can't do nothin' for teh pehn (pain), I gotta know if it hurts or not when ai put teh stick on yer leg. Yeh know, so it don't heal funny."
Amberstorm
Amberstorm
Administrator

Location : Look into my eyes, and it's easy to see that one and one make two and two and one make three; It's destiny!

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheesles Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:38 am

"It already hurts," Breezekit wailed softly. She hid her face under her paw. "She could feel the soft cotton pressing softly around her leg. She could feel it going numb now. And she felt light headed.
Cheesles
Cheesles

Back to top Go down

Post by Amberstorm Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:45 am

"Yeah, well, that's kinda expected when yeh go out lookin' for trouble, don't it? Yer probably feelin' laik yer head's in the clouds. Yer loosin' blood. Yeh'v lost a bunch already. Anyway, I suppose a story's alway's helped. It's always helped my patients in the past." Minkfur offered, noticing the thick stench of blood that hung in the air.
Amberstorm
Amberstorm
Administrator

Location : Look into my eyes, and it's easy to see that one and one make two and two and one make three; It's destiny!

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldenstorm Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:51 pm

Goldenstorm rushed out to the fresh-kill pile, luckily for him, there was one rabbit left. Feeling guilty, he took the prey and swiftly padded back into the Medicine Den. "'Ere." he mumbled, dropping it at Minkfur's paws. "What else do we need?"
Goldenstorm
Goldenstorm

Back to top Go down

Post by Amberstorm Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:21 pm

Minkfur stwitched a bit.
"Since my apprentice apparently does not see the crisis here... I need you to go get a stick about the length of Breezepaw's leg." Minkfur then picked up the rabbit, placed it on a flat stone, and started to artfully skin it. This is what the Clans back where she had come from had done. While she skinned, she told the kit a story.
"Ya know, Breeze, where I came from, kits had only single names. They never placed 'kit' or 'paw' at teh end of a kit or an apprentie's name."
Minkfur pictured the amount of fur it would take to cover the kit's leg.
"Apprentices had to earn the rest of their name, yeh see. And the story behind this.... Well, maneh, maneh sunraises (sunrises) 'go, kits were named their warrior name from birth."
She swiped a paw over her muzzle, wiping the blood away. Her stomach screamed in agony, but Minkfur ignored this. She had successfully pulled the main part of the pelt away from the body that was starting to ooze blood. Apparently, it had been a freshly-killed rabbit. The blood had not yet chilled all the way. Grunting in annoyance, she remembered that these Clans had possibly never used this method.
"Then there was this kit... never met 'im, o' course, 'cause he was born far before mah time. They called 'im Cedarscar. He was this foolish young'un, and one day, when he was about apprentice age, he ventured out into teh woods all on his own."
Minkfur skillfully (though this skill alone was rusty) wrapped the furry part of the pelt around Breezekit's leg, binding it with cobweb. She grunted as the cobweb stuck fast to the ground, but she removed it quickly with her claws.
"Think ya used all teh cobwebs 'ere, kit." Minkfur chuckled.
"Anywayus, Cedarscar crossed a border. Very naughty. He was caught by an enemy Clan, FireClan, I think it was. This tom had originally been from EchoClan, curious to explore the fire-red weeds that named FireClan, but I'll tell yah that storeh later. So FireClan found 'im, and attacked 'im. Don' worry, they didn't kill him. They just dragged him back to his Clan, which he had disgraced, and then the FireClan leader called for a Meeting. Sorta like your gatherings, only jus' with the medicine cats, deputies, and leaders."
Minkfur pricked her ears for the arrival of Goldenstorm.
"Where is that young tom with mah shtick?" Minkfur grumbled impatiently, tail flicking.
Amberstorm
Amberstorm
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Waffletail Tue Jun 08, 2010 6:59 pm

Pinepaw sat there, zoned out. He was brought back to life by Minkfur's mew. "Sorry, I'll go get it" He said and he raced off. He found a long stick, and decided that he could just bite off the end to make it shorter when he got back. He raced back to camp, with the stick in his mouth. He entered the medicine den and plopped it on the ground. Pinepaw paralleled it with Breezekits hind leg. He then bit off the piece that was sticking out, "There you go, Minkfur" Pinepaw stated, as he sat down again, "Sorry I wasn't paying attention,"

OOC: Sorry it kinda sucks
Waffletail
Waffletail

Back to top Go down

Post by Amberstorm Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:03 pm

"It's all righ', young'un. Just don't do that in the future. Thanks." Minkfur nodded, picking up the stick in her mouth and holding it tightly to the kit's leg.
"Sorry if it hurt." Minkfur apologized. Binding the stick to the kit's leg tightly, Minkfur stepped back to look at her work.
"Don' move, noaow. I'll go get some poppy seeds." Minkfur said, turning and gathering the precious seeds. She grabbed two, annoyed that five stuck to her pad.
"Ergh." She grumbled, loosing four. She felt like clawing herself in frustration.
"Them tiny seeds never listen." When she held the right amount of seeds, she gave them to the kit.
"Lap 'em up, Breezekit. Then you'll get to hear the end of mah story." Minkfur bribed.
Amberstorm
Amberstorm
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldenstorm Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:57 pm

Goldenstorm sat down, listening intently to the story, "I didn't know you had such an interesting history Minkfur." he noted as she fixed Breezekit up.
Goldenstorm
Goldenstorm

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheesles Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:34 am

Breezekit was barely awake to the pain. She didn't even let out a small mew. It had gotten to the point that she couldn't feel anything. But she was tired and if the pain did come back, the poppy seeds would help.

Breezekit weekly moved her head over a little bit so she could lap up the tiny seeds. She looked up at Minkfur blinking. "Can you tell me the rest?" Yawning at the end.
Cheesles
Cheesles

Back to top Go down

Post by Amberstorm Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:20 pm

Minkfur nodded.
"Yep, where I came from was so much laik (like) these Clans, jus' different." She eyed the rabbit hungrily, but decided that her Clan needed it.
"Now, Goldenstorm," She eyed the tom. "That's your name, right?"
"Take this rabbit to the queens, whai don't yeh?" Minkfur then told the kit the rest of the story.
"So, teh leader, who werse (was) Moonstar at teh time, suggested that perhaps younger cats didn't deserve their names at birth. She was sayin' that they should on'y be given the first part O' their name, and that they gotta earn the rest when they became a warrior. So, Cedahscar (Cedarscar) was renamed Cedar, and earned the res' of 'is name back later. Boy, did that tom learn a lesson." Minkfur flicked her tail.
"And tha's all I have on that story."
Amberstorm
Amberstorm
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Goldenstorm Thu Jun 10, 2010 6:46 pm

Goldenstorm nodded, his respect for Minkfur swelling. "I'll do that now." he mewed, picking the skinned rabbit up as it made his mouth water. He sprinted out of the den, practically frantic to get it out of his mouth so he didn't eat it. He dropped it off quickly at the Nursery entrance and came back, "Anything else need to be done?" he asked Minkfur, making sure all his tasks were completed.
Goldenstorm
Goldenstorm

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheesles Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:04 pm

Breezekiys eyelids were becoming heavy. She relieved them of stress by closing her eyes. She soon fell into her pwn world of dreams, where pain, suffering and death were unheard of.
Cheesles
Cheesles

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvine Fri Jun 11, 2010 5:11 pm

Otterkit sighed and rolled his eyes, before exploding into a bout of coughing. "Breezekit you didn't even fight the crummy fox! Your not THAT injured!" He'd lost LOADS of more blood than the runt, and he was still fine.
Wolvine
Wolvine

Back to top Go down

Post by Amberstorm Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:54 pm

Minkfur eyed the kit sharply. She smiled as she distinctly remembered almost sneezing on this kit. Perhaps he still didn't like her for it. Whatever. Then her expression became serious.
"Otter, there's no way you'd still be standin' if you had lost as much blood as yeh claim. Plus... it don't matter if she fought the fox or not. She's more injured that you are... And if you got injuries I need to know 'bout, yeh better tell me. Plus, you got a cough..." Minkfur's ear flicked. She sensed a sharp reply about to explode from the kit. Minkfur remembered Torrent, a young gray tom kit who had tried to attack her once for not being able to save his sister. Sadness crept through her bones, almost making her shed a tear. Dear, dear Frog.Then a slight dread settled within her stomach.
"Jus' how long have you had that cough?"
Amberstorm
Amberstorm
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvine Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:31 pm

"A while." Otterkit admitted. "And I never claimed to have lost blood!"
Wolvine
Wolvine

Back to top Go down

Post by Cheesles Sat Jun 12, 2010 4:48 am

OOC: Wolvine, was Otter dragged by the leg across the ground, crushed by a fox and thrown against the rocks? I dun think so!
Cheesles
Cheesles

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolvine Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:40 am

OOC: .... But Breezekit wasn;'t either. Otterkit launched himself at a fox's face, got sevearly mauled, thrown against a tree, mauled again by little foxes, launch again, got bitten and was crushed by the vixen. And that all happened in RP, was stated, and is writen down.
Wolvine
Wolvine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next